8 BEST TIPS FOR WEIGHT LOSS BEGINNERS:
- Don’t change all at once. If you go from eating crap and sitting all day to trying to instantly start running 10 miles a day and eating nothing but salad and bananas, you are going to get tired of it and probably fall back into old habits. Change a few things at a time (like cut out all soda and fast food and then ease into more intense workouts).
- Understand it is 90% mental. As a runner, I know that I can run a full marathon, but convincing my mind that I am going to run nonstop for the next 4 hours is surprisingly difficult. Same goes for convincing your mind that you, in fact, don’t need to eat that extra cookie to feel full.
- Make goals, but not time limits. Time goals are hard because weight loss is often so scattered and you will probably end up being extremely stressed the closer and closer a deadline gets. Goal weights/goal measurements are positive motivators but time tends to be more of a stress. Everybody loses weight differently!
- Understand that your boobs will more than likely change sizes. A lot. I personally went from a 36C to 36B to 34B to 34C to 32D and then down to a 32C where I have stayed. When your weight is fluctuating, so do da gurls. Get remeasured every 5-10 pounds and buy new bras accordingly. It completely changes the way your clothes fit (I worked at Victoria’s Secret for 3 years and I can’t stress this enough).
- Find what motivates you and hold onto it for dear life. Losing motivation is the biggest factor for people not losing weight. I don’t care if you find motivation in weighing yourself twice a day, trying to fit into a prom dress, or simply trying to be healthier. You do you girl, but remind yourself daily what you are doing you for.
- Know that it will become a habit! This is seriously the biggest thing. Once you can stick to a clean eating plan and a workout schedule for about a month, it becomes second nature. I don’t even think about bad food. Like the idea of walking into the chips and cookie isle at Safeway doesn’t even cross my mind. The option of not running and going to the gym doesn’t ever go into my brain. It just BECOMES HABIT.
- ENJOY YOURSELF! Don’t be one of the people that is just sitting there in a corner all sad eating a bag of lettuce. Eat healthy food that you actually enjoy eating. Do workouts you actually enjoy doing. You won’t be successful if you are miserable every day you are trying to lose weight. It can be fun, make it so!
- Love your body now. It doesn’t need explaining. You look hot now, you will look hot when you lose weight. You will look hot every day in between. Embrace it. Embrace the Glen Coco. Embrace the fabulous.
This is why you cant trust women, even when theyre mouth is closed theyre still lying to you
you do realize that this is really hurtful right?
i did not do this to show how i am ‘lying’ to men or anyone, it’s not about how you, as a man, should feel about it - it’s about myself.
to me your statement sounds as if the left side of this picture is something awful or horrible. and no, it’s not. it is my face - with and without makeup. and whether i chose to wear it or not is MY AND JUST MY decision. and when i do, i do it for myself - so that i feel good about myself - not for you.
i think what pisses me the MOST about that comment, is that the beauty standard was literally created by men, and is perpetuated by the patriarchal society that we live in because it’s a fantasy, because all women were made to be part of this fantasy. it’s not our fault that the attractiveness we display is judged solely on how well we wear makeup, because no one looks like that. even with ‘natural’ makeup, nO ONE LOOKS LIKE THAT. men and women are attracted to faces that do not exist. how fucked up is that?
a guy once said in passing that it was necessary for his girlfriend to wear makeup, and it just blows my mind that he wouldn’t be attracted to a natural women’s face. despite how they look without makeup, because it’s not as “perfect,” as enhanced, the way women “should look,” as it is with makeup. we see men as attractive without makeup, but when we look at women without makeup? it’s shameful, it’s ugly, she hasn’t ‘put her face on.’ we see ‘attractive’ men as attractive despite them having the same flaws as women: under eye circles, thick eyebrows, uneven skin coloring, et cetera. its the fact that we are literally told to believe that our bodies, unlike those of attractive men, are not good enough. we’re told no woman will ever be good enough.
i think it scares men how closely women look like them. not because men think other men are ugly, but because when you look like someone, you identify more with them. it kills the fantasy. women become human, real, people who have body oder and fart. they’re “ugly” without makeup because they’re no longer these freakish dolls that grow zero body hair and whose cheekbones are always defined.
cosmetics for women is a HUGE industry. women’s beauty is a commodity. it’s a thing that can be bought and sold. chris hemsworth wakes up every morning and looks like sun shines out of his ass. while the op in the picture above has to spend a ridiculous amount of money and time literally redefining her face so that she and everyone else will think of her as attractive.
this comment-er calls the op a liar when him and people like him created and perpetuate the reason for its existence. he’s metaphorically punching himself in the face.
i was going to respond but i think the above comment is just spot on and i cant add much to it
i completely loathe the fact that women are often branded deceitful and liars because they have chosen to wear makeup. oh my fuck its just ugh
And we’re willing to change as we gain new knowledge. Good job, people!